- Church planting isn’t just a ministry for individual planters; it’s a ministry for the whole Church.
- Church planters can no longer simply think like pastors starting worship services; they have to think like missionaries engaging local contexts.
- ‘Missional church planters focus on the great commission by reaching the unchurched, not by seeking to attract area Christians’ file under: things I need to remember. Thanks
- Church planters & pastors would do well to substitute teach. You can develop relationships w/ families. And it’s a sanctifying experience!
- It is important that we go where God is already working, not for us to go somewhere and then ask God to show up.
- New article up on our website … “Do More.” It’s not that my ministry training was wrong or bad … it’s just it wasn’t enough. While I was adept at “churchy” things I was not prepared for life outside the walls of the church building.
I tell Church Planters all the time “if you’re pissed off at the Church, don’t plant right now”.
● Don’t plant from wounds
● You’ll hurt people, & blame them
● Go to a Counselor
● Sit still in liminal space
● Listen to your neighborhood
● Reflect, cry, and heal
What are some of your favorite recent tweets?
While you are scrolling the daily tweets, hop on over and follow us on Twitter 🙂