Quotes from Life.Church Senior Pastor Craig Groeschel at the Global Leadership Summit 2018.
- Leadership is simply influence.
- We must stop making excuses and we must make things right.
- One of the biggest myths about leadership is you have to be in charge to lead.
- Leadership is not about title. Leadership is about trust.
- We can make excuses or we can make a difference but we cannot make both. It’s time to step in and lead boldly and lead courageously
- The world needs strong, consistent, bold, courageous, integrity-infused leaders. People are longing for leaders who will unite rather than divide.
- The world is watching, aching, hoping that someone will stand up when so many others back down.
- Level 5 Leaders have a powerful mixture of profound humility and furious resolve.
- A humble leader can learn from anyone.
- We ask for the wisdom when we make the difficult calls and we will apologize when we get it wrong.
- There is a big difference between a leader who is popular and one who is respected.
- You may be popular if you are respected. But you will never be respected if you are only trying to be popular.
- You always feel valued when you are under trusted leadership… You feel inspired… You feel empowered. You know there is someone who trusts you.
- We need a heart to care. You will never be a leader others love to follow if you are not a leader who loves people.
- These four words need to be part of every leader’s vocabulary. “I Notice. You Matter”
- Good employees don’t leave organizations. Good employees leave bad managers.
- I want to appreciate more than I think I should. Then double it.
- Never rob your team member of knowing you notice and you care.
- Some leaders will make you think that THEY are important. The best leaders make you think YOU are important.
- You don’t have to be somebody else.
- You don’t have to be smart. You don’t have to perfect.
- But you do have to be real. Because people want to follow someone real rather than someone who is always right.