Why do many love inspirational quotes? Quotes can give you insight into the thoughts and teachings of very wise people. Whether they are alive or dead, their words can continue to resonate and make a difference. Afterall, sound advice and wisdom are meant to be passed on in order to help others.
Here are a few quotes I came across this week that I hope you will find encouraging:
- If you plant a church you’ll get beat up occasionally. God will not be one of the ones administering the beatings.
- Hope is the antidote to weariness and discouragement.
Tim Chester and Steve Timmis (From the book Total Church)
- Far from weakening a sending church, church planting is a vital opportunity to refocus the life of the church on the gospel.
- Church planting puts the mission at the heart of the church and church at the heart of mission.
- You need to do the work of evaluating the motives of your heart for they will spring up often and surprise you. Do not be surprised by your surprise.
- You are God’s plan for wherever you are.
- You can always give without loving, but you can never love without giving.
- If I am perturbed by the reproach and misunderstanding that may follow action taken for the good of souls for whom I must give account; if I cannot commit the matter and go on in peace and silence, remembering Gethsemane and the cross, then I know nothing of Calvary love
Oswald J. Smith
- Any church that is not seriously involved in helping fulfill the Great Commission has forfeited its biblical right to exist.
- I am perfectly confident that the man who does not spend hours alone with God will never know the anointing of the Holy Spirit. The world must be left outside until God alone fills the vision… God has promised to answer prayer. It is not that He is unwilling, for the fact is, He is more willing to give than we are to receive. But the trouble is, we are not ready…
- Leaders & staff: Not everyone stays forever; even when you hire the best, many leave; departures can be made in a respectful, peaceful way; and when people leave, it creates a place for new winners to prove themselves.
- In every church plant, there are two kinds of people – many are there for just a season, and a few are there to stay long-term.