There are a lot of new buzz words and strategies these days for planting churches. I must admit, I am from a small town and I need things to be simple in order to understand them. Studying through the book of Acts, it seems the first church planted new churches and “turned the world upside down’, and they used a simple 6 step plan:
- They relied on the leading of the Holy Spirit as to where they should go.
- They used local “common” & “ordinary” people with no special training to be leaders.
- They multiplied leaders by personal relationships and instruction.
- They allowed the planting process and the recognition of leaders to be an organic process.
- They were able to move at an incredible pace because they listened to God, and empowered others.
- They were not seeking control, but instead created a culture of honoring those who led.
I think God is calling us to “kick it old school.” The old Acts school that is. We need to begin a movement where churches are planted in Power, when simple, anointed and surrendered people do the miraculous for the kingdom, and because so many can jump in, the task is accomplished at break neck speed.
That is my heart! Do like they did it then, let God get the credit, let God choose the place and the people. And then let the Holy Spirit draw, convict & redeem.
That will set the church on fire with a passion for people. And release “every priest” of God free to fulfill all that God has in store for them.
Let it be done, quickly, Lord Jesus… Amen