If my son were starting a church this weekend…
and he came to me and asked, “Dad, what are the most important things I need to know?” I would think, “Man, this is my BOY! He has got to get this right.”
I would pray a minute, ask him to take out his iPad, and then say…
- What you’re doing is all about loving people. Forget that, and you’re doomed
- Make your wife priority! Never let her feel she’s in the back seat behind ministry
- Raise your kids in freedom! Don’t let your position make you feel they have to be superstars
- Learn to hear God’s voice. Know what His whisper sounds like… There is NO other way
- It would be better to promote someone a year late, than a day early
- Invest in those on your team. Let them see the good, bad and ugly
- Never get in a rut! If you change 1-Degree at a time, you will maximize effectiveness
- Preach from the overflow of what God is telling you
- Don’t serve bread dough on Sunday morning, serve hot bread
- Find a group of other leaders, form relationships… They will save your life!
- Never seek to please people. That is a merry go round that never stops
- You serve a Supernatural God, look for His movement, if you don’t look, you wont see
- Hear God, follow Him, and leave the results to Him. “And the Lord added.”
- Never forget to have fun! Serving God is hard, but you have to fun too!
- Don’t ever try to be someone else. God put you there to be you…He likes you just as you are!
- Strive to be a giver and not a taker! Always sow into others, rather than being the “Asker”
Those are some of mine, if I had more time to think, I’m sure there are other things I would tell my son!
What would you tell your son?